The Data Analyst is responsible for developing, maintaining, and modifying programs, dashboards and management reports to provide quantitative and qualitative analysis of production (Sales, Underwriting, Claims, and Servicing) initiatives. This function will on occasion provide recommendations to management and executives through analysis of internal and external data. Less frequently, this function will interact with customers or outside vendors.
Arch MI is a new and growing mortgage insurance company with a strong and global parent – Arch Capital Group Ltd. If you’re interested in joining a dynamic company and working with a team of motivated, high caliber people, apply today and come grow with us!
1. Develop new and enhance existing SAS/SQL programs. Provide appropriate reporting and analysis of the results to enable management to make sound business decisions.
2. Prepare monthly and quarterly standard reports for stakeholders throughout the business unit, ensuring accuracy of data, and providing overview analysis for the recipients.
3. Participate in company initiatives and projects as needed as the Subject Matter Expert regarding data and reporting.
4. Participate in regularly scheduled calls and meetings with the departments we support. This will facilitate an understanding of their processes and assist in responding to their data and reporting needs in a timely manner.
5. Contribute in the research, selection and adoption of new technologies to fulfill team responsibilities.
6. Research and analyze data patterns to identify business value and risks.
7. Answer the questions of peers within the Business Analytics group.
8. Share data and programming knowledge with other, similar departments across the company.
Knowledge & Skills:
1. High proficiency in programing with SAS, SQL, SSIS, SSRS and BI tools such as Cognos. Ability to learn other programming languages and tools as needed.
2. Broad analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
3. In depth knowledge of business processes and procedures so the Data Analyst can advise and accurately report data.
4. Able to work independently, with little guidance, to produce desired reports or analysis.
5. Strong interpersonal and communication skills to effectively collaborate and convey information to business stakeholders.
6. Strong customer service skills to answer questions, provide feedback and train BI users when needed.
Education & Experience:
Required knowledge and skills would typically be acquired through a Bachelors degree in computer science, business or related field plus 3 to 5 years of related experience
About Our Company
Arch Mortgage Insurance Company is the flagship U.S.-based mortgage insurer of Arch Capital Group Ltd., a leading insurance and reinsurance company operating through its subsidiaries worldwide. Based in Greensboro, North Carolina, our company is committed to our employees and our customers. Our Total Rewards package offers competitive pay and valuable benefits. Plus you’ll have access to a variety of programs supporting your professional development and a culture that encourages innovation, collaboration and professional growth.