- Manage and underwrite new and renewal book of business for territory with predominant weighting of targeted accounts.
- Develop strong working relationships, both internal and external, to contribute to successfully meeting departmental goals.
- Pre-underwrite all renewals at least 90 days out.
- Keep current on claims (and claim trends) on all renewals within your assigned book of business to thoroughly understand all claims on your accounts.
- As necessary, consult with Compliance, Claims and Actuarial in order to develop proposals.
- Make timely and effective recommendations and observations regarding specific accounts or issues at departmental staff meetings.
- Adhere to written authority statement and all underwriting guidelines as delivered.
- Active pipeline management to exceed broker expectations on service, unearth the best opportunities for new business, recruit resources needed to bind each account.
- Maintain or exceed departmental service standards including: initial contact with broker, data accuracy, and proper use of Image Right, appropriate use of departmental underwriting worksheets, file documentation, and referral signoff.
- Coordinate with administrative staff to ensure timely and accurate policy issuance on all accounts.
- As necessary, coordinate with Finance to resolve payment issues.
- Provide regular reports on business operations and results to department management, as required.
- Experience: Three to five years underwriting accident and health insurance coverage.
- Education: Bachelors’ degree preferably in economics, business, finance or a related field. Masters’ degree is a plus
- Key Competencies: Exemplary oral and written communication skills; analytical, with keen ability to think through issues; solid understanding of accident insurance concepts (experience in scholastic segment is a plus); proactive; able to organize and prioritize to meet multiple demands and commitments; strong work ethic; team player; exhibits leadership potential.
- Computer Skills: Highly proficient with MS Word, Excel, Outlook
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed