Knowledge & Skills:
- Broad knowledge of software development techniques, processes, methods and best practices. Proficiency with various programming languages used.
- Knowledge of application test automation products, processes, and best practices
- Strong knowledge of P&C insurance products, applications, technologies.
- Strong understanding of Agile development methods and its application to company technology needs.
- High level knowledge/expertise in Legacy and Java development, implementation, and maintenance of large-scale business applications.
- Strong strategic decision making & long term planning abilities to manage resources and develop efficient and effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively lead and motivate team.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation & consultative skills for effective collaboration with senior management.
- Good general business acumen
- Experienced in scalable, high-availability back end technologies Oracle, SQL Server and PostgreSQL
- Experience with non-relational database technologies preferred such as Memcached, MongoDB, Redis
- Front end development experience including ReactJS, Webpack, HTML5, CSS, Bootstrap, jQuery, Accessibility and Responsive Layouts UI/UX development experience.
- Experience with Insurance / Reinsurance Systems and Data
- Strong understanding of server-side software, scalability, performance, and reliability Skills
- Strong understanding of the OSI model, Networking, OS Layer and Services
- Understanding of continuous delivery tools like Chef, Puppet, Salt
- Understanding of continuous integration and deployment tools like Octopus deploy, Jenkins
- Some experience with Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, OpenStack, Swift, is a nice to have even if it is lab experience.
- Excellent communication skills:
- Ability clearly speak and understand the English language.
- Excellent command of the English language, i.e.
- Ability to write and understand the written documents, email and other forms of electronic communications.Ability to discuss, articulate and simplify technology to non-technical people
Education & Experience:
Required knowledge & skills would typically be acquired through a Bachelor’s degree and 10 years of related experience in software development & architecture design, including project management and business analysis. Significant management experience would typically be required.
- Prior experience in financial services, specifically insurance. Familiarity with a broad lines of business included but not limited to Property, General Liability, Workers Comp, Auto, etc.
- Experience with policy admin and claims admins systems as well as underwriting workstations used to track premium and claims details and corresponding deductible offsets of the claims.
- Understanding of insurance programs cover high deductibles, self-insured retentions and captive arrangements is an advantage.
Working Conditions/Environment & Physical Demands:
Normal office environmentDisclaimer
Incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required.