Reporting to the head of enterprise Architecture we are looking for a DevOps Architect to work alongside our development leads in defining the software development process and building out the automated delivery platforms and pipelines that will assists in building software more efficiently. Your responsibilities will include defining the tools and standards needed to design and build efficient solutions that are architecturally sound and deliver real agility and benefit to the business. To be successful as a DevOps Architect, you will be a technology evangelist who is passionate about improving IT delivery through technology. You will be up to date with the latest technology trends and capabilities and will be able to demonstrate a leadership mind-set, with solid operational experience, and the ability to problem-solve.
The DevOps Architect will work within the architecture team and technology leaders to establish a roadmap to evolve the department in an appropriate technology direction, based upon industry trends and Arch skill sets.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
• Establishes and maintains understanding of long term company strategy and oversees design, development and implementation of high level systems architecture that will enable the company to meet the changing industry and competitive demands
• Ownership of the strategic vision and roadmap for all Product(s) within the DevOps domain
• Works with development heads to develop, implement, and maintain AEIS DevOps enterprise architecture standards that drive business capabilities and optimization to create efficiency, quality, and agility in product delivery
• Reviews project team architectural designs to ensure consistency & alignment with defined target architecture and adherence to established architecture standards.
• Ensure maintenance of architecture governance program including membership in and presentation to EA committee, reference architectures, action item follow up, application and service inventories, etc.
• Captures and prioritises market and environmental trends, business strategies and objectives, and identifies the business benefits of alternative strategies
• Establishes the contribution that technology can make to business objectives, conducting feasibility studies, producing high-level business models, and preparing business cases.
• Manages the effort to collect and maintain current and future state enterprise architecture models and domain roadmaps. Develops comprehensive technology recommendations and presents to executive management.
• Monitors all aspects of the Software Development Lifecycle and Production Support service levels. Ensures high level technical support is provided.
• Works closely with customers, other IT managers, and management to identify and maximize opportunities to use technology to improve business processes.
• Collaborates effectively at all levels to prepare strategic plans. Ensures system requests tie into objectives of the company strategy map and budgets.
• Contributes to the development of information technology development standards, policies, processes and procedures to ensure consistent compatibility and integration throughout the company.
• Continuously reviews the technology needs of supported business functions/processes relative to new technological developments and trends. Keeps abreast of the industry and emerging technology
• Identifies opportunities for improvement in current overall architecture and that of individual systems. Identifies costs savings and evaluates options based on business strategy alignment.
Experience requirements and skills:
• In-depth, hands on experience of defining and implementing a DevOps practice
• Experience with DevOps, CI/CD, automation and containerization technologies such as Jenkins, Ansible, Kubrenetes, Redhat Openshift, terraform, etc
• Expert level experience in Software Development using Java and .Net technologies and Agile Practices
• Experience with Cloud Native Architectures, REST and APIs, Microservices, Spring Boot/Framework, .Net/.Net Core, GitHub, Jenkins, Docker, OpenShift, BPM, SQL, Oracle, NoSQL, Messaging AMQP/Kafka
• Solid understanding of Private Cloud, IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS, as well as various Cloud Models (Azure and AWS). Infrastructure architecture and best practice experience a significant plus.
• Broad knowledge of software development techniques, processes, methods and best practices. Proficiency with various programming languages.
• Knowledge of application test automation products, processes, and best practices
• Proven experience and strong understanding of agile development and conventional method and its application to company technology needs.
• Thorough knowledge of databases technologies, both relational (such as Oracle, SQL Server and PostgreSQL) and non-relational database technologies as such as Memcached, MongoDB and Redis.
• Strong strategic decision making & long term planning abilities to manage resources and develop efficient and effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively lead and motivate team.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation & consultative skills for effective collaboration with senior management.
• Strong problem solving, analytical, and decision making skills and experience
• Ability to balance between most ideal and most pragmatic solutions that meet the business needs.
Experience & Education
Required knowledge & skills would typically be acquired through a Bachelor’s degree and 10+ years of related experience in software development, systems infrastructure management & architecture design, including project management and business analysis.
- Required knowledge & skills would typically be acquired through a Bachelor’s degree
- Strong experience in software development, systems infrastructure management & architecture design, including project management and business analysis.