The Commercial Lines Policy Analyst supports the Underwriting Department to accomplish the goal of growing the insurance program by sustaining a high volume of production while guarding high standards of product quality.
• Analyze and review policies for accuracy and completeness two weeks before their effective date. Identify discrepancies and correct as required before issuing policies.
• Process consumer requests and follow up for renewal documents.
• Request, receive, and process underwriting documents and applications in a timely fashion.
• Process renewal notices between 30-90 days before effective date based on state requirements.
• Maintain open communication and build relationships with brokers to improve and sustain the flow of required information.
• Assist the Underwriting team in building relationships and keeping open communication within McNeil and Company.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Provide backup support for other Policy Analysts that are out of the office.
• Assist Underwriters and other Policy Analysts to balance workloads as needed.
• Pursue educational opportunities through McNeil and Company and Arch Insurance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Manage competing priorities and maintain required production levels.
• Ability to comply with accepted practices and guidelines.
• Meet expectations for attendance and punctuality.
• Sit for extended periods of time.
• Computer experience in a windows-based environment required.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Strong analytical skills with attention to detail.
• Manage phone and email communication with Associates and Agents.
• Experience using other office equipment.
High School diploma required, Associates degree or two years of related experience preferred.
About the Company:
McNeil & Co. is a nationwide leader in specialized insurance programs, drawing on deep industry expertise to develop and deliver policies and risk management services that meet the unique needs of clients. McNeil & Co. offers the best possible specialized coverage, along with a full array of risk management services, to help customers maximize preparedness and grow their businesses. Established in 1989 to answer a need for more comprehensive, tailored policies in the emergency services market, McNeil & Co. has developed and expanded a model for specialty insurance programs based on genuine industry knowledge and a consultative approach to loss control and risk management. Acclaimed products include AdvenSure, AnimalKeepers, ASIP, Car Wash, ESIP (and Benefits), FireWatch, HOMed (O&P Plus), WildPRO and the Bar, Tavern, Club program.
McNeil & Company is based in Cortland, NY with offices in Denver, CO, Petaluma, CA, Orland Park, IL and Latham, NY. McNeil & Co. is owned by Arch Capital Group Ltd., a Bermuda-based company that provides insurance, reinsurance and mortgage insurance on a worldwide basis through its wholly owned subsidiaries. For more information, visit: mcneilandcompany.com.