We are looking for an experienced Lloyds of London finance professional to join us in what is an exciting time for our business. The role will be based in our London office
The Syndicate finance manager will be responsible for maintenance of the SUN ledger and preparation of all statutory, regulatory and management reporting for Syndicate 1955 and the related SPA’s. The role will report to the Syndicate financial controller. The role will also be key in progressing the integration of syndicate 1955 with other Arch business units.
• Oversight of quarterly SUN ledger close.
• Review of all Lloyd’s syndicate regulatory and trust fund returns, including Solvency II returns.
• Review and oversight of daily and weekly cash movement recording.
• Liaison with senior management as well as with external parties, including syndicate banks, investment managers, auditors, third party capital providers and Lloyd’s.
• Compilation and review of quarterly syndicate management accounts and year end statutory accounts.
• Oversight of all syndicate controls, including reconciliation of technical accounts, cash accounts and LCA balances.
• Preparation and review of quarterly and annual Arch group disclosures in relation to syndicate 1955.
• Management of Syndicate Accountant and Accounts assistant, including conducting performance appraisals.
• Analysis of and preparation of commentary on quarterly results for underwriters and senior management.
• Maintenance of relevant Anaplan models, including the QMB model and the GAAP Plan.
• Other ad hoc tasks as necessary.
• 4 -5 years accounting and regulatory reporting experience in the Lloyd’s insurance market, including people management experience
• General computer literacy - Excel & Word specifically.
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with others both internally and externally.
• Good analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills. High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Strong time management and organisational skills with a proven ability to consistently meet deadlines
• Experienced in use of SUN/Vision accounting software
A recognised accounting qualification plus 4-5 years related experience
Arch Insurance is a global insurer offering our clients superior coverage and service. We embody the Arch guiding principle of focusing on retaining experienced and talented employees to differentiate us from the rest of the pack. Our group operates from offices in the US, Canada, Bermuda, UK, Australia and South Africa, providing specialty risk solutions to clients worldwide across a wide range of industries. With over ten years of operating history and strong financial ratings, our track record remains solid.
Arch Insurance employs a disciplined underwriting approach and prudent risk selection across all types of business. Our mission is to provide our insureds with superb coverage and claims handling through careful and diligent underwriting of risks and business-friendly solutions. Across our global operations, Arch Insurance employees are ready to meet your needs with professionalism and excellence.