We are currently looking for an experienced Digital Product Manager to join us, in what is a very exciting time at our business.
The Arch UK Digital Product Management team has responsibility for solving human and business problems with new technology. This role drives the product strategy, product roadmap development, and market delivery/operation of the product offering in assigned business segment.
The Digital Product Manager will work closely with business peers and IT team members to effectively execute against digital initiatives; including third party products, key policy administration systems and enterprise/ BI technologies. The incumbent will be an experienced, dynamic, multidimensional digital professional who is strategic, technology savvy, and skilled in both product strategy and operational efficiencies.
• Partner with business stakeholders to create the reporting product roadmap across all departments for London Market, UK Regional and International lines of businesses.
• Foster close relationships with key stake holders to keep alignment with the product strategy and roadmap.
• Translate roadmap iterations into actionable Features, User Stories and Releases for the engineering team to develop and represent the users on completion of these work items.
• Plan, prioritize, and manage the product features and requirements from conceptual stages through product life cycles to optimise revenue and meet operational, financial and corporate objectives in their business segment.
• Collaborate with the engineering and project management teams to plan releases and ensure consistent agile execution of product plans that result in product delivery on time and in budget.
• Perform market research, market validation and whitespace analysis to identify new opportunities where reporting can drive business value.
• Engage business partners to develop and execute action plans to address gaps.
• Assist with preparation of business cases (financial/ROI) analysis to quantify & determine the value to the company of a current or potentially new system/application.
• Creation of request for proposals for Capital or Global Product initiatives.
• Run product management ceremonies – Key Stakeholder Meetings, Backlog Refinement Events, Sprint Reviews etc.
• Drive the vision for reporting within the organisation.
• Understanding of usability and user experience best practices.
• Understanding of product lifecycle development (Agile).
• Ability to evaluate, analyzeanalyse and interpret the voice of the customer through concise and eloquent user stories.
• Ability to be strategic and tactical in day to day interactions.
• Excellent stake holder management skills.
• Good consensus building skills.
• Ability to convey technical concepts in a clear, understandable way.
• Ability to overcome internal barriers and negotiate resource constraints to produce successful digital initiatives.
• Good communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to establish credibility, influence and effective working relationships with peers and stakeholders.
• Comfortable interacting and partnering at all levels across the organization including off-shore teams.
• Ability to make decisions in a fast-paced, deadline-driven and rapidly changing environment.
• Happy to travel within the UK.
• A background within MI or BI related business environment within the insurance sector – ideally with exposure to the London Market.
• A good knowledge of how data visualisations techniques and tools can be used to best express data meaning and insight to end customers.
• An understanding of data concepts, including star schemas, relational and non-relational databases, and related technologies (ETLs) and how they underpin the data that customers need.
• Required knowledge & skills would typically be acquired through a Bachelor’s Degree in business, computer science or a related field (or equivalent in experience) with 3 to 5 years of related experience.
• Tech based qualifications advantageous.
• Project/ Senior level Business Analysis or prior Product Management experience or qualifications advantageous
Arch Insurance is a global insurer offering our clients superior coverage and service. We embody the Arch guiding principle of focusing on retaining experienced and talented employees to differentiate us from the rest of the pack. Our group operates from offices in the US, Canada, Bermuda, UK, Australia and South Africa, providing specialty risk solutions to clients worldwide across a wide range of industries. With over ten years of operating history and strong financial ratings, our track record remains solid.
Arch Insurance employs a disciplined underwriting approach and prudent risk selection across all types of business. Our mission is to provide our insureds with superb coverage and claims handling through careful and diligent underwriting of risks and business-friendly solutions. Across our global operations, Arch Insurance employees are ready to meet your needs with professionalism and excellence.