The Data Analyst helps analyze the Credit Risk Transfer deals placed in the market and manage the portfolio of prior transactions. He/She will utilize a variety of models developed within the analytics team to provide estimation of the performance of the deals under a variety of economic scenarios as well as identifying the drivers of changes in performance across deals (identifying impacts from changes such as collateral mix or economic changes). He/She will provide a wide variety of surveillance reporting on CRT deals that will be used within the team as well as by external teams.
The Sr. Underwriter approves or denies the salability of the loan in accordance to investor guidelines, in addition to, mortgage insurance coverage, if applicable, on the most complex and specialized loans based on a comprehensive evaluation of risk factors associated with loan, borrower, and property eligibility. He/She maintains compliance with applicable policies and guidelines to ensure the overall quality of the loan, while providing exceptional customer service to clients. He/She also acts as lead underwriter for key customers, up to and including working in the customers system, assists with audits to ensure quality control, and participates in special projects/assignments. The incumbent operates independently under minimal supervision and trains and mentors less experienced staff; seeking advice from management on only the most complex situations.
Arch LMI Pty Ltd (“Arch LMI”) is an APRA-regulated provider of Lenders Mortgage Insurance (“LMI”). Arch LMI is a subsidiary of Arch Capital Group Ltd (“ACGL”), which is a NASDAQ-listed global provider of insurance and reinsurance across a number of risk categories.
The Actuary is a key member of Arch LMI’s Finance team, which is responsible for a variety of finance and actuarial functions. Duties of the Actuary include:
- Analysis and reporting of LMI product performance across all risk categories, including analysis of premium adequacy, loan arrears and claims
- Undertaking capital projections and capital monitoring
- Developing and maintaining pricing and reserving models
- Supporting the CFO and Chief Risk Officer (“CRO”) in managing Arch LMI’s Risk Management Framework (“RMF”)
- Engaging with APRA, the external Appointed Actuary and Appointed Auditor and other stakeholders
- Engaging with the Arch Group risk management, actuarial and other staff
- Monitoring and analysing external macroeconomic trends, mortgage market and LMI developments including those related to regulatory reform
- Working with Arch LMI’s lender customers as required
- Supporting Arch LMI’s management information systems and data
- Engaging with ratings agencies
- Participating in and managing ad-hoc project work as required
The Systems Engineer III architects’ solutions, acts as a subject matter expert, and provides thought leadership around their areas of expertise. The incumbent operates independently on complex assignments involving the analysis of both business and regulatory requirements, as well as the analysis of the individual technical implementations to maximize benefit to the business. The Systems Engineer III establishes and cultivates highly successful relationships with our business units, technical implementation teams, management and vendors.
The Software Engineer I (Full Stack.NET) is responsible for the implementation of systems and tools to perform risk aggregation, risk modeling, portfolio management, pricing, and underwriting. The incumbent is instrumental in building and maintaining a Data Warehouse integrated with downstream systems, providing portfolio aggregation capabilities and other analytics on modeling results produced by financial models, exposure data, and more, for the Global Mortgage Group.